A crisis involving your smile can be unsettling at best and frightening at worst. If you or someone in your family needs emergency dental care in Magna, Utah, call or text the Bingham Dental and Orthodontics team at 801-250-7422. We will schedule you for a visit with our dentist, Dr. Tab Bingham, as soon as possible.
At first, you may not know what to do. You be wondering just how bad the damage is, how long will you have to live with the damage or even if it is permanent. Your first step is to take a deep breath and relax. Your second step is to contact our office.
Are You Having a Dental Emergency?
Any of the following problems can be considered a dental emergency:
- A completely or partially knocked-out tooth
- Severe, lasting tooth or oral pain
- Swelling in the mouth
- Damage to any of the soft tissues of your mouth
- A cracked, fractured, chipped or broken tooth
- A lost dental restoration
If you suspect you have a broken jaw, have damage to your head or neck or have uncontrolled bleeding, please visit your nearest emergency room before reaching out to our office.
What Should I Do Until I Come In?
There are some dental first aid steps you can take, and when you contact our office, our team can give you more information.
- If you have lost a tooth, handle only by the crown. You can rinse it gently with warm water, but do not brush it. Try to gently insert it back into the socket. If you cannot, place it between your cheek and gum or in a cup of tooth preservative, milk or even your own saliva.
- For a broken tooth, locate the pieces and place them in milk or a tooth preservative solution and call our office right away.
- If you are experiencing swelling, apply a cold compress.
- For a toothache, try ibuprofen, acetaminophen or a topical pain reliever.
- You can use a temporary filling kit or even sugarless gum to replace a lost filling until you can come in.