Your dental care can be greatly enhanced through the use of Panorex X-rays at Bingham Dental & Orthodontics. Panorex X-rays in Magna, Utah, give our dentist, Dr. Tab Bingham, a comprehensive view of your teeth and jaws and have a variety of diagnostic uses. To learn more about how Panorex X-rays can benefit your smile, you can schedule an appointment by calling 801-250-7422 today.
In order to provide you with the best possible care, it is essential for our dentist to accurately evaluate and diagnose your oral health. One of the state-of-the-art tools we use to do that is panoramic X-rays. While standard X-rays, called bitewing X-rays, provide us with a view of a few teeth and the supporting bone structure, panoramic X-rays allow us to view the full upper and lower dental arches – including all of the teeth, the upper and lower jawbones, and the surrounding facial structures. Using panoramic X-rays, our oral health professionals can:
• Assess the need for orthodontics and evaluate the progress of treatment
• Diagnose impacted wisdom teeth and other impacted teeth
• Analyze the development of periodontal disease
• Evaluate the TMJ (jaw joint) and diagnose a TMJ disorder
• Plan dental implant placement
• Diagnose cavities (tooth decay) and other dental problems
• Evaluate the extent of dental and/or facial trauma
• Detect abscesses, cysts and tumors
Using the panoramic X-ray machine is fast and comfortable. The machine simply rotates around your head and provides our dentist with high-definition, nearly-instantaneous images that we can then use to evaluate your oral health. We invite you to call or visit us today to learn more about panoramic X-rays.